How Do I Upgrade the Content on My Blog?
One of my New Year’s resolutions is to improve the content on my blog. I’m an author and my target audience is potential readers and other authors. I’ve started my research on developing better content and found the following tips:
1) Remember content isn’t just text. It includes all types of media such as pictures, videos, audio, PowerPoint, etc. Research shows that readers are attracted to content with images with an increased click-through rate of 27%.
2) The next time you go to a conference or workshop do a short (2-5 minute) video of a presentation (you may need to get permission first), or do a one-on-one interview with a presenter with your IPhone or Flipcam.
3) Write about what not to do – share mistakes you’ve made.
4) Interview other authors.
5) Ask for guest posts from other authors.
6) Run polls and surveys and post the results.
7) Subscribe to Google Alerts to find ideas for new content.
8) Write about industry news and trends.
9) Check out competitors blogs and see what topics draw the most comments.
10) Remember good blog posts say something interesting and useful (most readers aren’t interested in what you had for dinner unless you write a recipe blog).
These are just a few things I plan to try. I’d love to hear what other ideas you have to developing content for your blog.
Happy New Year!